To improve the lives of our clients and their loved ones by helping them identify and manage psychological, physical, and behavioral issues.
To create a better state of mental and emotional health and well-being for the people of Northwest Arkansas.
Your local multidisciplinary, multigenerational clinic
Founded in Fayetteville in 1996 by Susan Shackelford, Ph.D., Psychology & Counseling Associates, P.A. of Northwest Arkansas is an independent, free-standing, private practice providing a comprehensive array of mental health and behavioral health services for the people of the greater Northwest Arkansas region.
Psychology & Counseling Associates consists of 40 mental health clinicians providing general psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry and psychology, and psychological assessment services to thousands of clients throughout Northwest Arkansas.
Providers who practice at Psychology & Counseling Associates adhere to the highest standards of care in the field of mental/behavioral/emotional health. We also hold membership in many respected professional organizations, including:
- American Psychological Association
- American Medical Association
- Arkansas Psychological Association
- Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Academy for Eating Disorders
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
- APA Division 47 (Sport & Exercise Psychology)
- American Counseling Association, ACA
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists